Who's in the Burrow?

Chef Scott Cuts the Canola!

Quick: What is a canola? 

Don't know? Read here

SBA Chef Scott White read the article and has cut canola entirely from the student/athlete diet. 


"I have been doing a lot of health research over the last few years, and I am implementing some of the ideas I'm learning," said White.

In addition to tailoring the menu to meet the nutritional and caloric needs of the SBA student/athlete, Chef Scott has put SBA on the culinary cutting edge with such moves.

He also has hopes of designing and delivering a culinary arts program to the SBA campus one day. 

Scott has a particular affinity for ethnic foods, having lived in Europe in his childhood and traveled in Southeast Asia. He is a skier, having learned to ski first in Austria and later raced in the Far West. He has lived for 10 years in Serene Lakes and cooked locally for Ice Lakes Lodge, Dragonfly (sushi chef), and Red Truck. 

"It's the place I've lived the longest. It’s gorgeous, it’s quiet, the air quality is incredible.


"And snow is a magical thing."

One of his recent hit dishes was an inspiration all his own that he called "Italian Shepherd’s Pie."

"I made it up that day: sausage and zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes topped with polenta and then baked.

"I’ve been doing this stuff long enough that I have formulas I feel confident about, so I can throw seasonal ingredients in and make it happen.

"The hard part is naming my creations."